Filed under News

Leaving a legacy

+Seniors+Jonathan+Valentin%2C+Katie+Sherlock%2C+Da%27Zhaun+Hicks+and+Jazmyne+Essington+put+their+painted+handprint+on+one+of+the+two+banners+for+Paws+on+the+Wall.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Leaving a legacy

Seniors Jonathan Valentin, Katie Sherlock, Da'Zhaun Hicks and Jazmyne Essington put their painted handprint on one of the two banners for Paws on the Wall.

photo by Mizbah Ateeq

photo by Mizbah Ateeq

photo by Mizbah Ateeq

On Tuesday, Oct. 23 the tradition of seniors leaving their mark took place in the cafeteria after school.

Beginning with the first graduating class in 2009, Paws on the Wall is an activity where seniors meet for a pizza party, and during the party they dip their hands in paint and place handprints on a big white canvas with their graduating year.

French teacher Pam Lynch brainstormed with the 2009 senior class to come up with another event that was only for seniors.

“I thought the seniors would like to leave a legacy behind, and I thought about handprints since we are the Huskies,” Lynch said.

Along with handprints, seniors get to put their own personalized message on the banner, which will be hung up in the cafeteria until next year.

Leadership provided the supplies, and the PTSA organized everything and helped run the event.

“It was just a great experience to be part of and to make memories for our senior year,” senior Alisa Salgado said.

About the Writer
Jessica Maldonado, Staff Reporter

Jessica Maldonado is a junior at Hagerty High School and this is her second year on staff. As a little kid she always had a passion for writing about anything...