photo by Julia Sumpter
Dance- Alexis Evans
- Shorts – “I bring shorts every week because after games I like to change into shorts instead of leggings because they are all sweaty.”
- Pirouette – Helps to turn on the gym floor without slipping
- Black socks – While performing, they “aren’t allowed to show [their] ankles” so they use the socks to cover them
- Black Tennis Shoes – They use these shoes on the track so they do not damage their other shoes
- Ankle Brace – “I was on pointe and rolled my ankle, and now I strained it a little bit, so the ankle brace just compresses it a little bit to make it not hurt as much.”
- Hairspray – Used to keep their “hair slicked back” so when they perform it does not get in their face.
- Ribbons – In their hair for game days.
- Brushes – Smooth out hair.
- Purple Clip – Keeps hair out of their face when doing makeup; “It is cosmetology certified and it holds your hair up better.”
- Makeup- Used to keep their faces from looking “washed out in front of the lights from the football field.”
* Pointe shoe – “I have a pointe shoe on the tip of my bag that I always carry with me, because I am a ballet dancer and when I do things that aren’t ballet I know that with the pointe shoe that that’s like my home.”
Donate to Hagerty Journalism Online