photo by Bethany Barker
Mental Health Resources
If you or a friend needs mental health assistance, here is a list of mental health resources:
- A trusted adult like a counselor, teacher, parent, etc.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255. This is a 24/7 confidential help system.
- The Crisis Text Line/Hotline: text HOME to 741741 or call 2-1-1. A counselor is there to message with you.
- Seminole System of Care: www.seminolesystemofcare.com.Facts about mental health and resources can be found on this website.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) HelpLine: 1-800-950-NAMI. They provide support for people struggling with mental illnesses.
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-96-ABUSE. All calls are confidential and 24/7.
- Domestic Violence (Safe House): 407-330-3933. All calls are anonymous and confidential.
- Rape (SAVS): 407-321-7273. The nearest sexual assault service provider is located for you.
- 800-Runaway: 1-800-786-2929. Anyone who has runaway, this is a confidential and anonymous service.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Hotline: 407-260-5408. A consultation to help someone quit their addiction.
- Boys Town National Hotline: 1-800-448-3000. A 24/7 hotline with a counselor on the other line.
- Child Help National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453. Calls are confidential and 24/7 professional counselors are available.
- National Hope Hotline Network: 1-800-442-HOPE. Advice 24/7 is offered for people who need help with housing.
- Safe House of Seminole: 407-330-3933. A safe place full of resources and support for domestic abuse survivors and their children.