First team SAC member announced March 1st

Senior+Megan+Reilly+dribbles+down+the+court+in+the+home+game+against+Oviedo.+Reilly+was+the+only+girl+on+the+basketball+team+to+make+the+SAC+first+team.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Megan Reilly dribbles down the court in the home game against Oviedo. Reilly was the only girl on the basketball team to make the SAC first team.

photo by Julianna Joyner

photo by Julianna Joyner

photo by Julianna Joyner

On March 1st, the Seminole Athletic Conference first team members were announced. The athletes selected stood out and represented their sport and team. The sports students represented included soccer, basketball, weightlifting, and wrestling.

The first sport that released their SAC members was wrestling and included athletes like freshmen Lochlann Higgins and Joseph Gonzalez, seniors Ryan Rowland and Ethan Woods, sophomore Dylan Kohn, and junior Logan Perkins.

“Athletes are selected based on their performance throughout the season or championship, or based upon their coaches,” said coach Getty.

One athlete that stood out from wrestling was Rowland, this is his second year being selected on the first team SAC after wrestling for four years at Hagerty. He became the first state champion at Hagerty in the 106 weight class.

Every season had it ups and downs, but overall it was a great experience, and I’m just glad I got to do it with my second (wrestling) family”

— Ryan Rowland

Another sport with SAC first team members is basketball. The athletes chosen for basketball are senior Megan Reilly and freshman Jah Nze. Both these players led their teams to the playoffs, while leading in points.

Soccer was announced with athletes like seniors Claudia Montes, David Dickerson, Michael Graue, and junior Kelvin Zinch.

Graue and Zinch, were both on first team last year and they led their team to make history this season by winning a regional qualifying game against Olympia.

“I played very well this season and am glad to be mentioned on team team SAC,” Zinch said.

The last sport to select SAC members was weightlifting. That sport was led by seniors Julianna Orlando and Cheyenne Ducharne, and junior Jillian Lawarence. Ducharme won her first state title this year after coming up short of it for the past two years and set a new record in her 110 weight class.

17 Views